Depression, Causes and How to Treat It?
it is often accompanied by a range of other physical and psychological symptoms that can interfere with a person’s functioning in daily life. Symptoms of depression generally respond positively to treatment.
Symptoms of depression
Depression has a number of symptoms and affects each of us in different ways. Symptoms include:
-You feel very upset or in tears;
-Injuries to normal sleep patterns;
-Loss of interest and motivation;
-Invalid and guilty admission;
-Lack of pleasure in activities;
-Different in eating or weight
-Loss of sexual interest
-They are thinking or concentrating.
What causes depression?
– There are several possible causes for depression. Depression can be a reaction to a stressful situation, such as loss or stress (reactive depression). Some women experience stress during childbirth (postpartum depression).
– Depression can be part of a disease, such as a bipolar disorder, in which a person experiences extreme mood swings for no apparent reason, being very happy or very depressed.
– Depression may not be related to any external cause, but it is related to a chemical imbalance in the brain (endogenous depression). Sometimes a person may be affected enough to experience symptoms of psychosis and may not be able to discern what is true.
– Even children and adolescents can be depressed. This can appear in different ways and they are assisted by a doctor who is a specialist in the field.
How Many People Have Depression?
About 20% of people will suffer from depressive illness at some point in their lives. About 6% experience a more severe form of the disease.
How is depression treated?
Treatment will greatly reduce and even eliminate the symptoms of depression. Treatment may include a combination of medication, individual therapy, and community support. Sometimes, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) can also be helpful.
-Drugs – Some medications help the brain restore normal chemical balance and help control the symptoms of depression.
-Individual therapies – The doctor, psychologist or health professional talks to the person about the symptoms and discusses possible alternatives to think about and cope with this situation.
-Community Assistance Programs – This support will include information, accommodation, assistance in finding the right job, training and education, as well as psychological rehabilitation and mutual support groups. Understanding and acceptance by the community are also very important elements.
5 ways to fight anxiety attacks
– The way to recover from depression
– Getting rid of depression requires action on your part, such as getting a sports activity, or frequent contact with nature, drinking coffee with friends, or going to the movies. The key to recovering from depression is to start small and move slowly. Supporting family or friends also plays an important role in keeping depression at bay. Although depressed people find it difficult to seek help from others, isolation and loneliness make things worse. So one of the small steps you need to take every day is to maintain a close relationship and social activities to recover from depression.
* Some daily steps to relieve depression.
* Talk to someone about your feelings
* Help someone voluntarily
* Have a coffee or lunch with a friend
* Accompany someone to the cinema, concert or any “party”
* Call or email an old friend
* Take care of yourself
– You need to take care of yourself to recover from depression. This includes finding time for things that make you feel good or like you.
– Although it is sometimes difficult to experience happiness, continue to do those activities that you previously described as enjoyable, a hobby or sport that you have enjoyed before.
List of things that make you feel good
Make a list of things that make you feel good. Include any strategies, activities, etc. in it. That has helped you before.
* Fulfill some of the tasks you neglected
* Keep a pet or deal with growing flowers
* Spend time outside
* Write down the traits you like
* Read an interesting book or magazine
* Watch comedy movies more often
Do regular physical exercise.
– Scientists say that physical activity can be valuable in the fight against moderate depression. Endorphins are released during walking or running, which regulate mood and also relieve tense muscles.
How to remove depression with Physical Activity
Learn About Vitamins